Group Items on the eBid
Group items on the eBid to cut down on the overall number of line items you present to your customer, which is especially helpful when you’re working on a large project with many rooms.
Let’s use the grouping feature on an eBid.
You can adjust the settings on your eBid template so that every new eBid you create will use the grouping feature or you can adjust it on an individual basis.
To Adjust the Individual eBid:
- Create a new eBid
- Click the PAGES tab at the top of the list
- Scroll down and select PROPOSAL >> EDIT
- Scroll down to Area Itemization
- Select from the GROUP LIKE ITEMS dropdown menu (you have two options):
- “Use Group Name” will only show the name of the group or category on the proposal.
- “Comma List” will list all of the grouped items together on one line, separated by a comma.
- Click DONE
Note: You’ll need to click UPDATE PRICING to update your eBid and for the items to be grouped.
Even if you’ve categorized the items, you don’t have to choose to group them together on the eBid. OR you can choose to make grouping items the default by adjusting your eBid template settings.
To Make Grouping Items the Default:
- Click SETTINGS >> MISC
- Select eBID TEMPLATES under the Report Settings on the left side of the page.
- Select the template you wish to edit (Note: You cannot edit any template with lock icons.)
- Scroll down to select the PROPOSAL page
- Click EDIT
- Under Area Itemization, select the option you want to group your items (by group name, or list).
- Click DONE
Now every time you choose that particular eBid template, the grouping option will be turned on.
Note: If you set your preferences to group items on your eBids and templates but neglect to assign categories on the estimate, items will not be grouped.