How to Make Pick & Choose the Default
The Pick and Choose feature allows your customers to interact with items on the eBid. If you feel like you’re constantly re-working estimates because customers want to see different options, then you need Pick and Choose!
You can make Pick and Choose the default on your eBid by editing the eBid Template.
How to Edit the eBid Template
- Select SETTINGS >> MISC >> eBID TEMPLATES
- Choose the eBid you want to edit
Note: You cannot edit the templates with lock symbols next to them. If you’ve been using the “Basic eBid” template, you’ll have to copy it and rename it before you can edit the settings. To do that, click CUSTOMIZE.
- Click EDIT
- Check the ALLOW PICK AND CHOOSE box
You may want to change the name of this template so you know that Pick and Choose is enabled, but you don’t have to.
- Click DONE
Changes to the eBid template will affect new eBids only (not bids you’ve already made). You’ll need to make a new eBid in order to test your changes.
Important: Material Rounding must be OFF in order to use Pick & Choose.
How to Turn Off Material Rounding:
- Select SETTINGS >> MISC >> DEFAULTS
- Click EDIT to verify the Material Rounding settings
- Un-check the box next to ROUND UP MATERIALS
- Un-check the box next to ROUND UP TO WHOLE CONTAINERS
- Click DONE
If you prefer to leave rounding turned ON by default, you can turn it off on a job-by-job basis.