How to Add an Item from the Rate Library
Estimating with Production Rates is the most accurate way to do it because the Production Rate accounts for how long a task should take and your hourly rate. Default Production Rates are based on industry standards.
How does a Production Rate Work?
(1.5 windows/hour) x 3 windows = 2 hours of labor
2 hours x $36/hour = $72
When adding items to your estimate, if you want to use a Production Rate but you don’t see it on your Favorites List, you’ll want to use the Library.
PEP comes pre-loaded with hundreds of Production Rates!
How to Add an Item from the Rate Library:
We will add 6/6 windows to an interior area.
- Click USE LIBRARY
- Select how you will Charge for the item (i.e. item per hour)
- Choose the Rate Category (i.e. Wood and Metal Windows (Fixed))
- Select the Rate (i.e. Window – 6/6)
- Choose the Method for how to paint (i.e. Brush)
- Click APPLY
- Enter the number of windows in the ares (i.e. 3)
- Click +MATERIAL to add a material you will use (i.e. Really Great Paint)
- Click SAVE
Want to learn more about Production Rates?
Check out these blog posts